Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Drum Loop

For the Drum Loop, I started the first pattern with the hip kick drum. I then used the layer tool in order to get the sound I wanted just right. I chose the hip kick drum because it sounded really cool as I added the other instrument sounds. Next, I added the snare drum for a higher sound to complement the hip kick drum. Then, I added a shaker (or a maraca) to follow along with the beat. For my fill, I used the same basic instruments but added the cow bell in the last alternating 3 beats. I also changed the snare drum to play the last alternating 4 beats. For my third pattern I again used the basic instruments as in the first pattern only altering just enough to improve the loop. I added a wooden sound to give it a cool sounding high beat to go along with the shaker. Lastly I added a closed hat sound to add to the effect of the lower beats.Hope u enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic. Although I'm only hearing two of your three beats. I love the fills, and the balance of the kick and the snare.

    ReplyDelete