Thursday, March 4, 2010

Project 2

For this project i had to transpose, use an FPC and the Chop tool. I used the Bass Sim Synth because it had a nice sound. For my FPC I just used a standard drum kit and the sound was perfect, despite the fact that it was so simple. My fill has to be my favorite part of the song. I used the chop tool on the Bass Sin Synth, and I just loved the sound. I changed my FPC to a more up beat drum beat and I think it really added to the song. It sounds just so . . .interesting. I changed the pattern of the Bass Sim Synth and the drum loop again so the same thing didn't play over and over again. I changed it slightly, but I think the difference is heard. I added the fill again to transition into the more transposed part of the loop. I keep the same pattern for the first part of this but I added a softer, piano-ish sound (its the 3XOSC but i don't exactly know what it is, so i just described it instead). The next part I transposed from the pattern before to a higher pitch. then I transposed again back to the lower pitch. All of these run for two measures. I did this because having them play out the usually 3 measures would have been too long and the sounds would be going on and on until the listener got bored of them. Finally, I got rid of the FPC and kept only the Bass Sim Synth and the 3XOSC. I trasposed the 3XOSC to a highe pitch as well. I used the master volume to then gradually fade out. I hope you enjoy my project!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of the transpose function, and I like the different instruments you chose to play the melody. Also, I like the drums get busier when the melody gets busier. Your fill works great, and the fade out at the end is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete