Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Project 3

For this project we had to make/use an automatin clip, have the loop fade out, and use a filter. I started out with the Bells SimSynth, I chopped it and set it to the trance dreamer number 5. I chose this because I wanted a soft yet upbeat sound and the bells were perfect! Then I added the hip kick drum number 5 because I still wanted a soft sound but the loop neede a drum. Next I added another SimSynth, a Deep Bass this time. This I think balances out the high sound of the bells. I wanted the Bass to stand out so I gave it its own beat in the scond patteren instead of haveing it match the bells like in the first. I tried not to make it too busy. Also for the second pattern I transposed the bells so they had a higher sound and changed the drum to the regular kick drum. Throughout the song I just go back and forth between the two patterns. I think in the end all of these suonds came out well together. For the automation, I first used the cut envolope on the base and later used the emphasis envelope on it as well. I think it sounds relatively good, I could really think of any other way to use the autmation clip. I first tried it on the bells, but the sound was not very good and didn't gor well with the rest of the loop so I switched it to the bass. Last, but not least I made/used another autmation clip on the master volunme to fade out. I hope you enjoy my project!

No comments:

Post a Comment