Friday, April 30, 2010

Project 5

For this project we had use a riff machine and create a loop to support it. The riff I chose was the Fat Rezonator. I chose this sound because it kind of had a beat of its own and i just had to help complete it. So, what I did was I used a basic kick drum to really establish the beat and it seemed to work well. Since this riff sounds better with layers, I had to add a lot more. After the basic kick drum, I added in a shaker to help the drum keep the beat. Next, I added a snare drum. I chose the snare drum because everything just felt like it sounded the same, so I gave it something alittle different. Everything sounded monotone, so, i used a tom and rolled it to lead into the next part. Then, I added in the Mando, a higher sounding bell part. I transposed this after it went once just to change it up. To lead into my next partm, which was going to go back down to a lower sound, I used a kick drum and rolled it. Next, I added a brass.This, I feel, kind of gives the loop a different sound. I made the drums busier by adding a second kick drum and adding the tom. To end the loop, I used the Fat Rezonator, a kick drum, and a crash. Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment